Sunday, July 21, 2013

Fireworks on the 4th!


July 4, 2013 was not a great day for me.  I went outside to get something out of my trunk. There is a bird with chicks in a tree behind my car.  So the bird came squawking at the back of my head and freaked me out.  I stepped to the left a little too fast and lost my balance.  I hit the ground like a statue.  I have gained a bit of weight and I fell like a ton of bricks - on my side.  I calmly got up went inside and commenced with my mental breakdown.  I cried and prayed for nearly an hour.  I noticed that my little Cacy was still moving, and I was not cramping nor spotting.  Of course this happened on a holiday, when the doctor’s office was closed.  I continued to monitor my body and things seem to be okay.  I was sore in my ankle, back, hip, calf (weird), shoulder, and hand, and I had scrapes on my hip, elbow.  I could not relax and wait until my next appointment a week away, so I called the doctor and made an appointment.  Of course, my doctor was on vacation until my original appointment was scheduled.  Leave it to me to have an emergency on a holiday and while my doc is on vacation!  When I got there the nurse said several times, I wish you had gone to L&D which brought my panic back. So I go in to the examine room and await the doctor that’s foreign to my body and my case.  He comes in and puts me at ease.  Checks out my baby girl and tells me everything is perfectly fine!  I ask a couple of questions, and then we are done.  But not before I get an “I told you so” from my honey!

Of course her hands are by her face.  It's her trademark.

No comments:

Post a Comment