Saturday, July 20, 2013

For family and friends

I decided, and I hope that dad is on board, to figure out a way to share this experience with family and friends.  I am extremely private, and if you don't know you will find out FB is not my main form of communication.  It's my way to keep up with my family and friends.  I am so interested in everyone and I love love love seeing the pictures.  Thank you for sharing.  Here is my reciprocation.  And  most importantly, this is a tribute to my daughter.  My miracle baby!

I am going to give a quick synopsis of how we got here.  I have not had the best history with pregnancies up to this point.  But, I accepted that a while ago, it was the history I was supposed to have.  This pregnancy to date has been "perfect on paper".  Everyday I am amazed and I feel more blessed than the day before.  So happy to see God's plan unfold before my very eyes.

Last August I donated half of the items in my baby storage container, since I would not need them any more.  Shortly after that I felt that I was ready, and I prayed for what I wanted next in my life, and I put it all in his hands.  This was a when I was in Dallas, late in the year. Shortly after that (a week or two) I was introduced to this extremely tall man named Cypheus. We hit it off right away, and dated - a lot!  I could tell you all the things running through my mind, but this blog is about Cacy.

I got an assignment to work in FL for seven weeks, so I had to tell my beau.  He was on board and very optimistic about the time flying by.  Half way through my trip Cypheus and I met for a well needed weekend.  We celebrated his birthday, Valentines day, and well... we also created a life.  I went back to FL, and he headed back to SC.  I was keeping up with my workouts, but they started to get harder.  I would over heat too fast, or just quit 30 minutes into a workout because I was sooooo tired.  Then I got a little cushion in my tummy area.  This was unusual, I could normally stop working out for weeks before I started to see changes in my body.  Then I started counting days.  Then I talked myself in and out of reality.  I was convinced that there were 28 days between my cycle - when I knew my entire cycle was 28 days and that something was amiss!  I stopped drinking alcohol, and started eating the way I should.  But I was also trying to figure out how long I could hold out on telling anyone.  If I was going to miscarry again, I was going to spare everyone.

I couldn't keep the secret from Cypheus for very long.  He made me face reality very fast.  So, to appease him, I took HPT and passed with flying colors.  For all of the mommies out there, you know your body, and you know a HPT never takes 3 minutes to show positive results.  It literally takes seconds.  It's done before you are.  A week or so later I called to make a doctors appointment.  I also called the pharmacy to discontinue my prescription.

Cypheus wanted to tell everyone in the world, with a bull horn from the tallest building!  I had to talk him out of this a few times.  We paid a visit to our pastor and then he chilled out a little.

Needless to say we are both very excited to be on the journey to parenthood.  We feel blessed to be chosen by God to be the parents of Cacy.  We look forward to what the future holds.

XOXOX, Canita

No comments:

Post a Comment