Saturday, August 5, 2017

Kicking Off 2017 (Q1)

As of April 30th, my baby was 3 1/2! And WOW, what a difference 6 months makes! She is something else to say the least. She is a big girl now. I heard someone say threeteen, to that I say exactly!

She is a lot like me in so many ways. She loves to go go go, anywhere but home (and sometimes school).

Since we lost my mom (aka Grandma Rhonda) we have been maxing out and making the most of our time.  It's fun, but it can be exhausting.

So here's what's going on...

Cacy is holding conversations now. She is still hilariously funny and entertaining. She knows so much more than I think she knows. Every day she says something that surprises me. Most of it good. No curse words yet, fingers crossed. Here is a recap through April 2017:



We headed to Louisville for the first time in about a year and Cacy got to see dad's side of the family. Unfortunately during that week Aunt Fat (Donna Streater) passed away. Needless to say this was a difficult time for our family. I can only find solace in the fact that we were able to spend some quality time with those two ladies over the past year.



On December 29th I found a white feather in this house. We have no idea how it made it inside. So of course I looked it up. It is supposed to be a symbol that there is peace and everything will be okay. I was very happy to have that in my house.





Cacy and I went to our very first Gamecocks basketball game. Daddy was there too. She had fun, but she fell in love with Cocky. She looks for him all the time now.

I was finally able to have a tea party with Cacy using the set she got for her birthday. So that was fun.



We visited the River Front Park for the first time.We also visited Cromer's for the first time.





We went to the Marionnette Puppet Theater to see Little Red Riding Hood.







We signed her up for gymnastics and ballet. I just wanted to try some things out to find her niche. I think she likes gymnastics, but she is not strong in the category right now.

The new library opened up. She loves the new library (and so does mommy). It's much larger and there is a dedicated kid’s area. This means we no longer have to constantly fail at remembering to whisper. Cacy refers to the new library as the blue library. It is indeed blue.



We watched daddy play in Mayor Benjamin's Black History Month basketball tournament. Richland County lost to the Police Dept by 1 point.

We had a very very late snowfall in March.

We saw the long awaited Beauty and the Beast!! Unfortunately Cacy fell asleep half way through until the end. I was a little sad for her, but I know we will own it so it's all good.

She had her first sleep away weekend with Aunt Bolivia! Big deal indeed.

We went to the zoo when family came for a visit (Hey MeShaunda, Braydon, Olivia, Mackenzie, and Aunt Bolivia!)

We went home for Easter.

Our cousin Honey got married, another trip home.

We went to Pageland to see PawPaw for the first time in over a year.

A ton of new restaurants opened in NE Cola, its growing!  We have been restaurant hopping. And we have a Fresh Market. To quote Cacy, "Oh Yeah!".




Whew!  That's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment