Monday, August 7, 2017

Cacy's 2017 Year Review (2Q)

Well frankly to be cheesy, here we grow again. Cacy is sprouting up and slimming down. Pretty soon she will be moving up the 4s classroom. I'm super excited. I'm ready for the real learning to begin. She can recognize some letters and numbers, but I want her to start writing. At home we have been working with her to write her name, but we are not teachers. So, yeah. The other day she drew her first picture - a face. I was so excited and I still am! We have been traveling this quarter, which means we are broke. So our activities are budget friendly.

I took Cacy out of ballet and gymnastics. She didn't seem to enjoy ballet and she told me one too many times she didn't want to go. So bye bye ballet. She loved going to gymnastics, but she was not great at it. I saw no progress in the four months she went. But most importantly she was not doing a good job of listening. I did not want my child disrupting the class. So we went to inactive. If her behavior gets better, we may start it up again. She has been saying she wants to do soccer and dad wants to do that too. So I guess we will see.

Here is what we have done since May to now (July):

We went to the Plex for the first time. She only did Jumping Jacks. She loved it, but it would have been better with a friend.

Lots of park visits. My favorite is Doko in Blythewood.

Sandhills Spring Concert series - two Friday's. We all know she loves to dance!

We planted tomatoes and basil!

Pool play.





For Mother's Day we went to Miyabi's again. She loves the show. We also went to the mall. This is very rare, because the mall is so far away. There is a Dave and Busters - we walked through - I see fun in the future.




We went to the Splash Pad at Sesquicentennial. She had a blast.




We attended Vacation Bible School.










We had our annual trip to the beach. She played her first game - skee ball. She took her first night walk on the beach. She got to see her first ever very awesome sand sculptures, and sand crabs. And first game of putt putt.

She attended her first birthday party!!!

We went home around July 4th and played with Sparklers.

She flew for the first time. We went to Montana!! And she was a flower girl for the first time. She went on a paddle boat for the first time and row boat for the first time. In case it's not clear, lots of firsts there!

Still more new restaurants.












No comments:

Post a Comment