Monday, December 2, 2013

1 Month Old

As of Nov. 30th (my grandpa Paul's 82nd birthday) Cacy is 1 month old.  She is an absolute delight.  I think that daddy is going to have to Ferberize Canita and Cacy.  I know it's the "I have waited for this youngin for so long" Syndrome, but I am so not ready for her to sleep in her crib.  (I am ready for a full night's sleep, but that's expected.)  And, I know that I am dangerously close to spoiling her rotten, but I like holding my baby, and talking to her, and singing to her.  I love it when she sleeps on my chest.  I can't stand to hear her cry.  I just look at her little face, and hands, and feet, and think look at what God did.  You know He is awesome, and is constantly blessing us.  But, I also know, that I am just human, and I fall short everyday.  And, He could chose any moment, or situation, to teach me a lesson.  We all know that lessons are hard, and sometimes painful.  So I try not to fall short, and to do His will - and I soak up every moment I can with this little girl.  Time is flying by, she has changed so much, and I am going to blink and be back at work too soon.

I am interested in finding out if she has grown in length.  She is already growing out of some of her NB clothing.  The outfit she came home from the hospital in, was huge, but now it fits.  It's amazing what a difference 2-3 lbs makes. I am going to post a picture of her in her Snuggle Nest.  This is supposed to last until she is 4 months old  But it looks like she has about 3 inches before it's too short for her.  So we will see how this goes.

Next month she will be getting her shots, I am ready for this (but not ready for her discomfort).  I am sure all moms know how stressful it is to know that people come by for a visit and you have no idea what/who they have been in contact with.  Washing your hands, a great habit, but if you are carrying a bug, well it is what it is.  I also think back to learning that you are sick three days before you show symptoms - it absolutely freaks me out!



No comments:

Post a Comment